[SEL] Novo Rollr and Maytag 72

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Sun Jan 28 20:12:30 PST 2007

Hi RickinMT,
  A bad coil is certainly high on the list of suspects. Check continuity on
the secondary winding by attaching a set of test probes from a multimeter
to the spark plug lead out. Set the meter to R-100  or X 100  and look for
a reading of either 4500 or 8000 ohms depending on the vintage of the coil.
If you get that reading then do all the basics, clean and set the points to
20 ths, change the condenser, change out the plugs for new ones and gap to
25 ths each. Then if this all fails get the flywheel magnets
recharged.         Good Luck,     Maytag Mark

At 10:38 AM 1/28/07, you wrote:

>   Now for a problem that's kicking our butts.  The 72 initially ran on both
>cylinders,,,now only one.  Here's the kicker....the non-firing plug wire HAS
>to be grounded in order for the other cylinder to fire.  Probably not a good
>ground..just touching the cylinder will do the trick.

Mark & Christine Shulaw
454 Co. Rd. 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817  USA            Email: Frappi at wcoil.com

Your one stop on line source for Maytag Multi-Motor parts.
Parts lists available on request.

Weekdays & Saturday 10 AM to 10 PM Eastern Time 419.358.5206
Saturday 9 AM to 10 PM at cell #419.516.2996 If you have Verizon Cell Phone
you may call the cell number during the weekday hours. No Sunday calls if
possible.
I am not an employee or licensed dealer for Maytag Corp. Nor do I represent
them in any way shape or form. I am only a Collector, Preservationist and
hobby dealer of Maytag manufactured items of old.   Mark