[SEL] New Engine

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Sat Jan 27 22:32:56 PST 2007

A little engine followed me home yesterday.  It has Stuart cast on the crankcase behind the flywheel.  There is only one flywheel which is solid with cast in pulley.  It is a vertical  with external pushrods and rocker are assembly on the head.  The magneto is a Lucas and I find no name on the carb, just the word Birmingham.  Is has a large gas tank for the size of the engine.  There is a large rectangular copper cooling tank that is plumbed with brass pipe.  The gas tank mounts to an upright pipe frame and the water tank sets on a board on he rack.  I have posted some pics at

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=3009664&a=32450641&f=

I hope this works, this is the first time I have posted pics on a website.  What I would like to find out is exactly what do I have?  I would like to have an idea about what it was used for, how many horsepower and whether it looks like it may be complete.   It is apparently a British engine.  Perhaps someone can point me to a web site or two that might have information.  Thank you in advance for any information you can share.

Gary
In the Ozark Mountains of southern Missouri in the south central part of the USA, where both life and I move slowly.