[SEL] just got back from India... Dave Rotigel would hate the place...

Paul Pavlinovich pjp at steamengine.com.au
Sat Jan 27 21:30:40 PST 2007

I just got back from a work trip to India - I spent most of the time in
the city of Chennai in the state of Tamil Nadu. Everywhere in this
hugely crowded city there are little maytag like pop-pop noises. The
source? A contraption called an Auto Rickshaw. They are basically a
little three wheel enclosed motor bike - they monoplise the local taxi
market because they can get through the ridiculous traffic. There seem
to be three distinct generations, one powered by a maytag like twin, one