[SEL] Riveting

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Thu Jan 25 15:02:46 PST 2007

Hi all
I use what are called here "Tin man's rivets", the soft iron rivet used by
Tin Smiths (another dieing trade) for joining sheets. Also that trade comes
with special tools for holding the round rivet head so it is not distorted.
Then you pein the inside where it cannot be seen.
I will put some photos on my web site later when I dig the tools out. I have
used them but the rivets are hard to find. When ever I find an old hardware
store that sells them I buy heaps. And YES they are usually in dusty old
boxes.

Regards
Peter Lowe
R&V Engine Registrar