[SEL] Re: <snip> Spam O.T.

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sat Jan 20 10:46:52 PST 2007

At 07:00 PM 20/01/2007, you wrote:
>Message: 12
>Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 20:57:55 +1100
>From: Paul Pavlinovich <pjp at steamengine.com.au>
>Subject: Re: [SEL] Re: <snip> Spam  O.T.
>
>Jerry Evans wrote:
> >         I also have positive proof that they can hack your email
> > service provider and strip eMail addresses <Big Snip>
> >
>Hi Jerry (and List),
>They would have found those internal addresses by checking the MX
>records for your main address. They're unlikely to have hacked your
>server - you can see them with the name server lookup tool 'nslookup' -
>here is what I got for cyberserv.co.za

><Another Big Snip >
>Regards
>Paul

Hi Paul,
         Thanks for the explanation - this old brain stops short of all
that technical stuff - remembering which direction to crank an engine is
hard enough :-)

         My point was that they managed to get addresses I never even knew
existed and they must have come from my mail provider. Wether they did it
by "hacking" or other means, they still did it and they did it without
permission!

         I agree about them being pond scum  -  or lower as other replies
have suggested.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787
Intntl.: +2716 365-5787
Cell: 083 293 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans