[SEL] Thermo-syphon Question

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Fri Jan 19 12:31:41 PST 2007

G'day Reg,

My 7 hp Crossley (aka Fat Bastard) is setup for thermo-syphon cooling.  A
couple of years ago I had it at Portland and it had a fairly large water
jacket leak.  I learned to my surprise that it would function on
"percolation cooling" as others mentioned.  There was steady steam out of
the uncovered top cooling pipe with a blurp of water from time to time.

I decided that what I actually had was "hopper cooling" with a VERY
strange hopper geometry.  8-))

See ya,  Arnie