[SEL] OFF TOPIC: (Spammers)

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Thu Jan 18 14:54:56 PST 2007

I'm not too worried I was just wondering if any of the group were getting
these spams supposedly from me. My thinking was that if my computer was
raided for my email and maybe others were grabbed too. Then ya'll would be
getting them too. But if robbed from my ebay sales page or someone elses
comp then nobody here would be getting them. This way I knew if I had to
look harder into my machine for problems like spybots that my programs
didn't catch. Its probably like you say they just latched onto my legit
email address likely from another source to use as a place for the trash to
go and to provide a small bit of cover for them.
  The spam blocker at my ISP seems to be working well. Only a had full thru
today.     TTYL,   Mark

At 03:45 PM 1/18/07, you wrote:
>At 07:00 PM 18/01/2007, you wrote:
>>Subject: Re: [SEL] OFF TOPIC:
>
>Hi Mark,
>         Don't worry too much about it  - it happens to me all the time -
> the spammers and their worms forge your address as the sender. In my case
> it normally goes on for about 2 weeks and then they pick on someone else
> and it stops until the next time.
>         They do it 2 ways in my case:
>         1) They will use a legit address from one of my sites such as
> <info at mysite.co.za>. In this case there is not much I can do about all
> the "Mail undelivered" messages. Just takes my time to delete them all.
>         2) They also use random names, letters and numbers before the "@"
> sign so you get a sender like <xkwl3 at mysite.co.za>. My hosting provider
> had a mail box called a "catchall" which then forwarded all these to my
> real address. I just deleted the catchall and that put and end to all of those.
>
>         It's a damn Pain In the A** that we have to live with these
> spammers - they are seriously lowlife. The problem is that some people
> are still stupid enough to buy from them and that gives them the
> incentive to carry on. If they send out 1 million spams they may get 3 or
> 4 idiots that do send some money so that encourages them to send out 100
> million tomorrow. Totally chews up our bandwith and costs us money and
> time to delete the stuff in spite of the filters that most ISP's have in
> place. There seems to be a constant battle between them and the writers
> of the filters to outwit each other.
>
>         I've often wished that some big "Mafia Boss" would get Pee'd off
> with them and offer anyone who kills a proven spammer a  massive $$$
> reward. We will never get rid of this scum legally so maybe it should be
> done illegally. I'm not talking about the poor idiot who has allowed his
> computer to become infected - I want the guys who originate it all.
>
>         NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM A SPAMMER.
>

>Keep the revs up (or down)
>Jerry Evans
>Near Johannesburg in Sunny South Africa.
>Tel. (016) 365-5787
>Intntl.: +2716 365-5787
>Cell: 083 293 7191
>Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
>www.oldengine.org/members/evans

Mark & Christine Shulaw
454 Co. Rd. 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817  USA            Email: Frappi at wcoil.com

Your one stop on line source for Maytag Multi-Motor parts.
Parts lists available on request.

Weekdays & Saturday 10 AM to 10 PM Eastern Time 419.358.5206
Saturday 9 AM to 10 PM at cell #419.516.2996 If you have Verizon Cell Phone
you may call the cell number during the weekday hours. No Sunday calls if
possible.
I am not an employee or licensed dealer for Maytag Corp. Nor do I represent
them in any way shape or form. I am only a Collector, Preservationist and
hobby dealer of Maytag manufactured items of old.   Mark