[SEL] OFF TOPIC:

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Wed Jan 17 20:39:17 PST 2007

Hi Steve, Thanks for the thought, You're right its not ideal to include
contact info in emails but Its kinda hard to not include the info you
mentioned when you run a mail order business like I do. I don't take credit
cards so I don't have to worry about the security issue there. But since I
am constantly dealing with Pay Pal I am having to be constantly vigilant.
  I feel changing my email address is out of the question because of the
mail order. I've got 10 years worth of advertising out there that would
become obsolete in a matter of a few key strokes. You would be amazed at
the number of people who if a email address no longer works they give up
trying to get ahold of you. Its almost like using the telephone is too
difficult anymore.
  I have contacted my ISP and we are customizing a spam filter for my
address at the ISP. So far since this morning we have been able to knock it
down to a quiet roar. With what was done this morning and early afternoon
the filter has weeded out over 3000 bounce and blocked messages so
for.  With a little more tweeking I hope we can get it down to a couple
dozen a day. Instead of hundreds per hour like was happening. But maybe
this too is a pipe dream.
  TTYL,   Mark

PS: And thanks to all for the the ideas.
  PPS: I wish I was selling the junk they are, there must be a hellofa
market for it if they are constantly going to all this trouble to do it.