[SEL] O.T. Car Battery fix ??

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Sat Jan 13 10:16:39 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com
[mailto:sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com] On Behalf Of Jerry Evans
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2007 8:31 AM
To: sel at lists.stationary-engine.com
Subject: [SEL] O.T. Car Battery fix ??

Hi All,
         I know this is off topic but my experience has shown that there is
a lot of knowledge on the lists and maybe someone has a fix for me.

         Is there a way to do something to a car battery that is poked. I
have a friend who imports batteries and have ordered a new one from him but
his shipment only arrives in 2 weeks and I need to use this vehicle a few
times in that time. (I have other vehicles with good batteries but do not
want to have to hassle with swopping batteries all the time).

         It's a 12 volt 55AH battery - not the sealed "Low Maintenance kind
- it's got filler caps to top up the water with and only just over 2 years
old but I very seldom use this vehicle so the battery does not get regular
"excercise" and now does not hold a charge for very long.

         It struck me that there may be a way of temporarily reviving it
just to use for a short time.

         Any answers will be appreciated.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans

We have a battery maintainer (float charger) that has a pulse charging
feature.  The manufacturer claims it rejuvenates sulfated batteries.  I have
no idea if it works or if it is a snake-oil gimmick.

You might want to do some Googling and search for pulse-charging
information.

Orrin