[SEL] O.T. Car Battery fix ??

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sat Jan 13 08:31:24 PST 2007

Hi All,
         I know this is off topic but my experience has shown that there is
a lot of knowledge on the lists and maybe someone has a fix for me.

         Is there a way to do something to a car battery that is poked. I
have a friend who imports batteries and have ordered a new one from him but
his shipment only arrives in 2 weeks and I need to use this vehicle a few
times in that time. (I have other vehicles with good batteries but do not
want to have to hassle with swopping batteries all the time).

         It's a 12 volt 55AH battery - not the sealed "Low Maintenance kind
- it's got filler caps to top up the water with and only just over 2 years
old but I very seldom use this vehicle so the battery does not get regular
"excercise" and now does not hold a charge for very long.

         It struck me that there may be a way of temporarily reviving it
just to use for a short time.

         Any answers will be appreciated.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787
Intntl.: +2716 365-5787
Cell: 083 293 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans