[SEL] Cleaning rusty engine parts with electrolysis

Ed stoller edstoller at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 12 18:08:56 PST 2007

My old brain  still like the simplicity of Rick's formula.

Speaking of ions, when I use electrolysis, my part turns black like is goes
from a red rust to a black rust.  Are there two types of rust: FeO and FeO2?
Or is it just that the iron molecules when stripped of the Oxygen just look
black.

Ed Stoller
New Fairfield, CT
http://home.earthlink.net/~edstoller/