[SEL] Need Sandblast Helmet Visor Substitute

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Tue Feb 27 17:17:34 PST 2007

I've used a welding helmet. Most have replaceable lenses, and I removed all
the lenses and replace them with clear plexi plates cut to size and
installed to replace the welding lenses then wear a hooded sweatshirt. This
is a bit warm in the summer but it keeps the sand from getting into your
hair and other unwanted places.     Mark

At 06:49 PM 2/27/07, you wrote:
>My throw away visor on my sandblast helmet is made of 10 mil (.010) clear
>plastic that is 7-1/4" wide by 14-1/4" long. Today I had to stop blasting
>as the existing visor got so blurry I could not see. I went to every store
>in Searcy trying to find a piece of plastic that would work for a
>substitute until I can order some and could not find anything.
>
>Does anyone know of a common local product that would work for a
>replaceable visor on a Sandblast Helmet?
>
>Paul

Mark & Christine Shulaw
454 Co. Rd. 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817  USA            Email: Frappi at wcoil.com

Your one stop on line source for Maytag Multi-Motor parts.
Parts lists available on request.

Weekdays & Saturday 10 AM to 10 PM Eastern Time 419.358.5206
Saturday 9 AM to 10 PM at cell #419.516.2996 If you have Verizon Cell Phone
you may call the cell number during the weekday hours. No Sunday calls if
possible.
I am not an employee or licensed dealer for Maytag Corp. Nor do I represent
them in any way shape or form. I am only a Collector, Preservationist and
hobby dealer of Maytag manufactured items of old.   Mark