[SEL] Need Sandblast Helmet Visor Substitute

Joe Prindle joe_prindle2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 19:35:47 PST 2007

I just use a plain old cheapo welding helmet for a sandblast hood, with a
clear lense cut from plexiglass it it. To make the lense last longer, I
cover the bottom half with duct tape. When I can't see through the top
half, I peel the tape off and look through the bottom half.
It is a good idea to wear ear plugs and a good mask. A dust mask is not
enough to catch the fines, a respirator is best. Silicosis is a nasty
disease, and once you realize you aren't bullet proof, it is too late.
Joe