[SEL] Low Tension Coils

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Wed Feb 14 12:16:29 PST 2007

Charlie,
Price of copper has come down about 30% from the high last year. Try
buying 4 million pounds of copper every month and see what that does to
your cash flow. A few years ago we were buying copper for .97 per pound.
At the peak is was over $3 a pound. Now it's back around $2. Our cash
flow went from needing 4 million $ every month to 12 million $ almost
overnight. THAT will crimp your style!
What's sad is that the coil makers were making coils from copper bought
at a buck a pound and they continued to sell at the old price even
though the metal cost was three times that. Now that inventories have
run out they are getting a bit of a shock when they go to replace that
wire. Ouch!
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC