[SEL] Low Tension Coils

Charles R Bryant mogul460 at localnet.com
Wed Feb 14 11:47:00 PST 2007

In the next few months I think we are going to see
a big increase in the price of low tension coils. As
you know the price of copper has tripled in price this
past year or so.My friend in Missouri who for the past
several years has been making low tension coils tells
me the last copper wire he priced was $20 per pound.
 He uses 1 1/4 pounds of copper wire per coil and until
last year was selling them for $25 ea. Even though since
 then he has increased his price to $30 its going to cost him just
for the wire about $26. Another vender who sells his for about $10
more was saying even at his price he was selling his for it was not
a very profitable venture..