[SEL] Kerosene Question/now grass and MAYTAG sign

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Tue Feb 6 09:23:31 PST 2007

Dave,
Our very first away engine show was years ago to Evansville, IN. I had
my first engine in the back of the Dodge truck, a 3HP Jaeger, that
several of us had to manually unload from the truck to display in the
show area. Didn't know a soul there, had never even heard of the SEL,
and didn't join "the group" when invited to the Log Inn for dinner on
Sat. evening (only year missed).
Missy and I both laughed at the funny Maytag sign on the huge beast of a
green engine there. As I recall we later learned it was a 12HP Hercules
and some guy named Dave Rotigel owned it. We never did meet you at that
show.
We were taken under the wing by Jim & MaryAnna White, Charlie Bryant and
a few others from St. Louis area and spent most of the weekend with them.
Admittedly that is a lot of years ago and we were real green to the
hobby, but that is my recollection of a Maytag sign on your big green
Hercules. I'm thinking that was the anniversary year of Herc/Econ
engines and there were 5, 12HP Hercs there. Again, the memory is fuzzy.
Perhaps it IS what I have smoked :-)
Curt