[SEL] Kerosene Question/now grass and MAYTAG sign

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Mon Feb 5 15:58:29 PST 2007

Hi Curt and Mark,
         I sure as hell hope that whatever you two are smoking is
good--because you must have consumed a lot of it! To set the record
straight, George Best delivered my 16 HP Galloway to Portland for me in
1999. By the time Arnie and I arrived at Portland someone had put a
magnetic MAYTAG sign on it's hopper. That year a MAYTAG muffler flex pipe
was also seen coming out of the water hopper of the Galloway. I then
restored the Galloway (See:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/rotigel/trailer/16_GallowayTrailer/index.html)
The next year (2000) I took the restored engine to Portland and put the
magnetic MAYTAG sign back on it from time to time (See:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/rotigel/Portland_2000/ )
         To the best of my knowledge The magnetic MAYTAG sign has never
been on the 12 HP TG Hercules that I used to own (I could be wrong about
this however.) If either of you have pictures I would like to see them.
         I understand from reading that I've done that after smoking
several joints one's perception of reality and their ability to
differentiate between red and green is somewhat diminished. In the future
please remember that Hercules engines are GREEN and Galloway engines are RED!
         Dave
PS, In 2003 I put that damn MAYTAG sign on e-bay and got $245.00 for it!