[SEL] Portland Set Up Reconsidered

Luke Tonneberger flywheelin at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 5 07:05:23 PST 2007

I think the reason the tractors were moved was so that they could be closer
to the field for plowing, etc. You can't have the tractors driving from the
old tractor area over to the field area through all the spectators. That's
not very safe.

Using this picture for a reference this is what I think would work:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/luket/portland/portlandlayout.jpg

I think the engines should be placed back under the trees where they were
before. All the tractors could be placed to the east end of the grounds.
Room could be made for them by placing some of the parts area where the new
engine area is. This would allow all the tractors acess to the field,
engines to be together and under the trees, and the entire north portion of
the grounds would be for selling stuff.

Luke Tonneberger
Rockford, Michigan
USA