[SEL] Coolant tank and Maytag Lamp on E-bay

Larry Anger junkmeister2002 at yahoo.ca
Sun Feb 4 20:05:18 PST 2007

Tommy - I saw that you had bid on the tank. It is probably too short a tank for a 20HP Reid to look proportioned. Also getting the tank shipped would cost more than the tank is worth if I had to ship across the border. I'll not bid on it Tommy. Probably a tank which would hold 25 or 30 gal. would look better on my engine and would be sure to have adaquate cooling capabilities.
  Larry.

Judge Tommy Turner <lcjudge at scrtc.com> wrote:
  Larry,
I think it would work as long as you're just running the engine.
The size tank that Paul has would hold probably 15 gallons full,
probably 10 to 12 in a working capacity. The water jacket on your
engine will probably hold about 7 to 10 gallons so the tank would allow
twice the capacity of your jacket. I think the primary issue would be
the size of the tank in comparison to your 20 HP Reid. I bid on Paul's
tank and I thought I might try to use it on a 6 HP engine. But, it
might work well for what you need also.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY