[SEL] Portland Set Up Reconsidered

R & M Ingold randmingold at hotkey.net.au
Sun Feb 4 15:06:50 PST 2007

Dave, here are my views and comments, and the views of a lot of engine folk
I spoke to, including list and model exhibitors.

"The splitting of the engines exhibitors did two negative things. (This
applies to the engine folk.)
Firstly, it ruined the getting together of like minded friends, many of whom
only get to meet once a year.

Many of those who were relocated to the 'New' area commplained to me about
the lack of viewers through their area. the partial isolation detracted from
their enjoyment of the event. Indeed, more than one stared they would not
make the effort to attend in future.

Many of the tractor owners were not impressed with being in the tree area as
tree dwellers were causing droppings, etc. on their pride and joys.

My personalopinion is that the show is spoiled for me by this change.

The Big engines, ATIS, and all the other engine folk are happier being all
together in the same grouping. This allows for a lot more 'getting
together'.
I am sure this must also apply to the tractor owners.

One further point I will make is that this show had become the biggest
ENGINE show in the world.AND was known  as this, worldwide.NOT the 'biggest
show' or a major tractor show
The last two years have changed this.
.
I have come halfway round the world to attend four times now.
I do not have the urge at present to come again, the new setup definitely
detracted from my enjoyment of the event."
 Reg Ingold.

Reg & Marg Ingold.
Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
randmingold at hotkey.net.au