[SEL] Portland Set Up Reconsidered

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Sun Feb 4 13:46:12 PST 2007

In a message dated 2/4/2007 4:32:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rotigel at alltel.net writes:
The recent changes (ie putting the tractors under the trees
and splitting the engine display area into two separated sections) were to
be on a trial basis only.

Dave,

I have never been to Portland, but will add my .02 worth.  Example is Rough
and Tumble show at Kinsers, Pa. that I went to for a number of years.  Engine
folks cleaned and planted trees in their area.  Trees grew.  Engine folks
cleaned up one end.  Engine folks cleaned up other end.  Tractor folks took over
one whole end without even asking.  Engine folks were told to keep out campers,
etc.  Engine folks told to keep out trucks.  Engine folks for the most part
ran engines all day and where there to answer any spectator questions and talk
about the great hobby of collecting engines, and had a nice shady area in which
to do this.  Tractor folks park tractors and walk away.  Engine folks have
quit going to Kinsers.

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va.
Germoamer at aol.com