[SEL] How not to load and engine....Flywheel needed.

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Fri Dec 28 16:43:48 PST 2007

Keith, I feel your pain.

I'm not advocating it, only reporting what I saw.  At the Oscar's Dreamland
auction of a decade ago, there was an engine up for sale that had suffered
the same fate.  The rim of the flywheel remained intact, so someone welded
the spokes back in with nickel-based arc-welding rod.  In contrast to the
gray and rust colors of cast iron, those twelve shiny repairs stuck out like
a sore thumb.

Orrin

Orrin Iseminger
Colton, Washington, USA