[SEL] Blue Handled Fence Pliers

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Wed Dec 26 14:46:48 PST 2007

Hi Alan,

At one time there was a "log book" that traveled with the pliers.  It
documented where all they'd been and what they'd been up to.  There were
also "local mementos" that were attached to the pliers; little wooden
shoes from Holland, I think a little koala bear from Oz, etc.  Some of
the tales recorded in words and pictures were pretty sordid.  I'm thinking
back to an incident at Coolspring involving a pair of needlenose
pliers that made the local news....

Does anyone know where the SEL FAQ lives these days?  The Tale of the
World-Famous Internationally Traveled Blue Handled Fence Pliers From The
Magnetic Center Of The Known Universe (AKA WFITBHFPFTMCOTKU) might be
there along with the Tales of Little Lisa (another lurid story with
pictures that ain't pretty).

Hmmmm, I found this FAQ, which has some interesting SEL lore, but not a
word on the WFITBHFPFTMCOTKU.
http://ralph.lafayette.la.us/stationary-engines/FAQ.shtml

And this FAQ which, while interesting and useful, DEFINITELY has nothing
on the WFITBHFPFTMCOTKU.
http://www.steamengine.com.au/ic/faq/index.html

Any other OLD list folks out there with better memories than mine?
Brice?  Steve?  Spencer?  Dave?  Ron?  Dolly?  Farmer?  SOMEONE must
remember the details?  Or at least have the balls to make them up as
needed?  8-))

See ya,  Arnie

PS - Dolly?  Yer not REALLY old...  8->>>

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com