[SEL] Life happens!!

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Fri Dec 21 06:51:53 PST 2007

Hi Brent,
This recoil cable is about 1/8" Dia. and very flexable.
 Another of my concerns is the flexability of the cable that I'll use.
The original is only 24" long and the recoil spring is like a
light weight coil spring except that it acts on a spinning action
rather than a pushing action.

I don't know if throttle cable would be strong enough but I have some
old bicycle brake cable that might do the job.
Thanks.

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com - - - www.oldengine.org/members/betz
 ,-._,-.      http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz
 \/)"(\/
 (_o_)       "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all."

I just used some old cable out of another mower throttle cable couldnt
buy
parts for it anyway as to old hasnt mised a beat since i resoldered on
the
original block piece on to the new cable using a gas cooker worked fine
soldering iron didnt get it hot enough.

The mower had been sitting in a shed for 20 years the only thing wrong
with
it was the frayed cable kept jamming use it all the time now to cut the
lawns and take me for rides..brentnz