[SEL] Life happens!!

MaytagTwin at aol.com MaytagTwin at aol.com
Fri Dec 21 00:15:58 PST 2007

Hi Skip,
I appreciate hearing about this.  I have some cable repair to do and this
technique should work really well.  I can even see leaving out the soldering and
instead using something like JB Weld as the filler to keep the cable from
passing back through the grommet. Thank you.
Ron
PS: I'll use the Dremel moto-tool to cut the cable to lenght. quick and easy.
 A little scrap brass should work for the grommets and after I have cut them
to diameter and length, I can make up a jig I can hold them on the lathe chuck
to first bore them using a tailstock chuck and drill bit, then tip them a
little and use a boring bar to cut the internal taper.  Material cost = next to
nothing,  Effectiveness = make whatever length I want.  Playing with the tools
= priceless!!!

In a message dated 12/20/2007 10:36:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,