[SEL] Life happens!!

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Wed Dec 19 09:19:30 PST 2007

Hi Reg,
Sorry to hear about the broke crankshaft.
Lucky no one got hurt.
Reminds me of the time I was working on a Husqvarna 250cc Dirt Bike
and the magneto/flywheel decided to go faster than the bike.
Off the bike - up onto the sidewalk - along the sidewalk to hit a bump
and
flew up over a house !!!  After hours of looking, never did find it.
=        =        =        =        =        =
Anyway -
Hi to the list - - - and a question -

I have a Jacobsen 21" Lawn Green Power Reel Mower.
I got the 2 cycle engine to running comdition but there was a "cable"
recoil starter rope.  I've tried nylon cord but nothing the right
diameter
seemd strong enough.

I am thinking of using garage door cable.

Question - - - Has anyone had much success with installing the little
steel balls on the end of 3/32" to 1/8" cable?

I've tried soldering but the solder wont stick to the cable.
I guess the cable is stainless.

Any Ideas ??

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com - - - www.oldengine.org/members/betz
,-._,-.      http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz
\/)"(\/
(_o_)       "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all."