[SEL] SEL Pelapone

Paul Evans paul at internalfire.com
Fri Dec 14 13:59:30 PST 2007

Just over a year ago we used a donation from the SEL to buy a 1925
PELAPONE six cylinder petrol engine for the museum.

She had a number of show stopping problems but over the last year these
have been solved and we have now finally started work on her.

The crank is back in the crankcase, camshaft is fitted and the rods are
on. She is getting a coat of primer today on the bottom half and we hope
to have all the barrels and pistons on by the end of the weekend.

Only bits missing now are a Delco-Remy distributor cap and a coil.
Anybody know of a stockist of 1920s Delco parts in the US?

Link to the engine pictures at http://tinyurl.com/298ps5

We hope to have her  fitted  on a trailer for the 2008 season and will
display her with a plaque explaining how the SEL purchased her for
preservation.

Paul

--

Internal Fire Museum of Power

Castell Pridd, Tanygroes, Ceredigion, Wales, UK SA43 2JS

http://www.internalfire.com