[SEL] Widowmaker

MaytagTwin at aol.com MaytagTwin at aol.com
Thu Dec 13 11:34:59 PST 2007

Hi Elden,

I can't answer how well they work but, I do have one or two in my collection
and the look to be as strong as most of the Gravely stuff.  In short, heavy
bar, large chain, and a manual oiler that sits on the handlebar for the operator
to apply oil as needed.  They can cut vertical or horizontal or, if making
sharp stakes for traps, at an angle.  :>)

I think they would be faster than a buck saw but maybe not faster than a hand
held chain saw as you would have to have your log raised off the dirt just a
little and then move the tractor for each cut.  If you could set up a roller
table to let the log come endwise into cutting position an keep the Gravely in
one place, it would be a fast machine.

Ron

In a message dated 12/13/2007 2:19:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,