[SEL] Campbell on Webshots

john palmer ottoslidevalve at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 13 02:59:16 PST 2007

Lovely Engine Russell,Hope you don't smere it in horrible modern paint!!> Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:43:22 +1100> To: sel at lists.stationary-engine.com> From: russell at ncable.com.au> Subject: [SEL] Campbell on Webshots> > G'day all engine folk. A number of list men have been in touch with > me off list regarding the campbell hot tube engine. I went over to > the shed this morning and took a number of pictures of the governor > mechanism to better show how it works. There are also other pics the > the engine generally. These have now been put into my webshots albums: see> http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561752495RfcIse> > The picture the other day showed a green old resto campbell. This > engine was bought the day before I got to Queensland to have a look > at this gear. It has a mechanical lubricator on it where mine does > not. My engine is not missing this, it just never had one fitted? The > engine for sale in the TOMM a while back now belongs to Mick > Christie. His engine has a drip oiler of all cast iron, not Brass and > glass? Not sure what Brad Pitts engine has. So there does seem to be > a number of differences between the campbells we know of. They are > quite a rare beast.> > regards Russell> Russell Gilbert> Sunny Sunraysia> russell at ncable.com.au> http://community.webshots.com/user/russellsrelics> > _______________________________________________> SEL mailing list> SEL at lists.stationary-engine.com> http://www.stationary-engine.com/mailman/listinfo/sel