[SEL] Campbell on Webshots

Russell Gilbert russell at ncable.com.au
Wed Dec 12 14:43:22 PST 2007

G'day all engine folk. A number of list men have been in touch with
me off list regarding the campbell hot tube engine. I went over to
the shed this morning and took a number of pictures of the governor
mechanism to better show how it works. There are also other pics the
the engine generally. These have now been put into my webshots albums: see
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561752495RfcIse

The picture the other day showed a green old resto campbell. This
engine was bought the day before I got to Queensland to have a look
at this gear. It has a mechanical lubricator on it where mine does
not. My engine is not missing this, it just never had one fitted? The
engine for sale in the TOMM a while back now belongs to Mick
Christie. His engine has a drip oiler of all cast iron, not Brass and
glass? Not sure what Brad Pitts engine has. So there does seem to be
a number of differences between the campbells we know of. They are
quite a rare beast.

regards Russell
Russell Gilbert
Sunny Sunraysia