[SEL] P*ssing Matches, Engine Lists and Etiquette

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 04:35:30 PST 2007

We seem to be getting to that time of year again where basic good
manners and courtesy go out of the cabin window, and the bad manners
and emotions take over.

We are all grown men and know what is required of us in terms of the
public face of the Lists and our hobby. A lot of people see these
Lists who are not everyday message posters and may well be women/girls
as well as blokes.

Getting into a p*ssing match may well stir the adrenalin and give you
some short-term satisfaction, but it does not enhance your image in
front of the rest of the world, and in my  view is completely
unnecessary. Private emails are the way to go if you want to get into
a heated exchange with someone, NOT on the lists and in public.

I have a 'Delete' key on my keyboard, you ALL have one, so please use
it and refrain from the exchanges that have made a mockery of both the
engine Lists over the past few days.

Both the Lists are a resource that are provided for you all at no
charge, please remember that.

Thank you all.

Peter
--