[SEL] Desjardins Correction

avanti_64 at juno.com avanti_64 at juno.com
Tue Dec 4 04:43:32 PST 2007

The Desjardins engines were not built into the 1970s. These were the Acadia Engines built in Nova Scotia. Wendel makes reference to that in his book. The Acadia engines were a takeoff on the United engines. They were very similar in design, with the hopper being different. Most of the ones I have seen have been set up with a battery coil arrangement.

All of the Desjardins engines were built in St. Andre de Kamouraska Quebec. All of them had Webster magnetos and clutch pulleys as standard equipment. Denis has provided the link to my web site which he set up for me on the Desjardins collection/restoration.

JB, the bore will tell you the size of the engine.

Joe Kelley
Click to create your dream Las Vegas vacation now.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iifkDXswYJmd7Nz0uEpUwUtXiWGqgE2QsDjLegaeB4CNzXurb/