[SEL] Fairbanks early serial numbers

Denis Rouleau buzzcoil2 at videotron.ca
Mon Dec 3 14:49:36 PST 2007

Hi Glenn,
Way back then when I compiled data about the pre-1911 F-M engines
several people approached me with info saying that their serial number
started with a zero. It was thought then that these were replacement
parts, like for a busted cylinder for example. So in your case if the head
is original to this engine it would be a 1902 engine and when the cylinder
needed to be replaced sometimes after 1907 a new one came with serial
#03149 and a tag of the current era. Take it for what it is worth but this
is a possibility.
Denis Rouleau