[SEL] Spam> Sat Nav - What Do You Like and Why?

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Wed Aug 29 18:01:35 PDT 2007

Arnie,

I just bought one for a trip Millie and I are taking out west, leaving
Tuesday after Labor Day.  We will be gone all the month of September, headed to San
Francisco via the southern route of !-40, up the West coast to Seattle, and
back home thru Montana, etc.  Many tourist stops in between.

I bought a Garmin Nuvi 200.  It is a low end GPS, but very thin so you can
put it in your pocket.  It is touch screen which I thought is a nice feature,
filled with more information than I know what to do
with(hospitals/food/gas/eating/motels/historic places/parks/and lots and lots more. It talks to you when
making turns, etc.  It does not say the street name you are turning, but the
street name/number is displayed on top screen.  Talking a name is a higher end
feature.  It is used for streets/maps/etc., not to find specific coordinate
locations like some use in playing games. Garmin makes one cheaper called
StreetPilot c330 that is identical to mine, only it is much thicker, not easily put
in your pocket. Both come with window mounts and plug in charger.  Why did I
buy the thinner one, so I could use it walking around San Francisco. I bought
Garmin 200 at Best Buy on sale for $300 a couple of weeks ago.

I know little about them, but like mine so far.

Good luck!

Tom Schmutz
1656 Beckham Rd.
Concord, Va 24538