[SEL] Totaly off Topic ...sound!

Bob Willman blcksmth at wcnet.org
Wed Aug 22 16:19:17 PDT 2007

	The device you referenced appears to record most anything to an ipod
in mp-3 format but makes no reference of transferring to any other device
such as a CD. If there is a CD burner that will accept an ipod input, that
might work but without any editing capability. You almost need a computer
and appropriate software to remove serious surface noise inherent in vinyl
recordings. I use and older version of Soundforge. It's not a fast process
as you need to play the vinyl to the PC, then do whatever editing you wish
by playing it again inside the computer and remove unwanted noise spikes and
finally burning the CD. Nice winter project and a trip down memory lane.

Bob Willman
Bowling Green, Ohio
The Eagle's Anvil
WB8NQW