[SEL] Image distortion

Ken Christison christison at coastalnet.com
Mon Aug 20 13:36:10 PDT 2007

Elden,

A simple way to get around this problem would be to take two images
of the plate, from the center to each end and crop and stitch them together.
It wouldn't be perfect, but would be much closer than trying to correct
with perspective control software.  You would need a good tripod, and
be able to measure the distance from the lens to the plate accurately to get
the two images to match.

Take care.

Ken

> What I refer to as distortion is the geometrical distortion.  In other
words, if you were to take a photo of a curved data plate, one that's bent
around a cylinder, for instance, it would appear to be taller in the center
than on the ends because the plate is closer at the center than at the ends.