[SEL] List update

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Mon Aug 13 15:46:46 PDT 2007

Hi all
One small thing here about placing people details for all to see.
If this list is just emailed out to each individual there is generally not a problem.
If this list of names and addresses is placed on a web site then you increase the chance of each member getting SPAM mail or increasing more spam if they are already getting it or getting scammed.
I would give my details but, at present I get NO spam at all because where ever my address appears on my web sites it is Java-scripted to prevent spammers.

Just recently members of the R&V Engine Register were scam mailed from an advert section I run, I did not Java Script their email addresses and the scammers plucked the email addresses from my ads section. I was lucky that I also had an advert there and I quickly notified the group when the scammers approached me.
I will Java Script those addresses this week.
This scam is still proceeding as I am leading them on and have contacted London Fraud Squad who are looking into, it is only one of thousands of email scams happening out there.

I am not wanting to dampen the great job being done to bring us all closer, but just be aware of placing too much personal info on the web.

Regards
Peter Lowe
R&V Engine Registrar
Australia