[SEL] Stover W 3HP bearing cap

Luke Franks luke at apexbuildingsystems.com
Sun Aug 12 14:19:51 PDT 2007

Hi All, This is my first posting here, and it is in the form of a
plea for help!

I was working on my Stover (Cooper) W model 3HP engine on the weekend
to get it ready for the approaching Rusty Iron rally when I tightened
down one of the main bearing caps on the crankshaft, only to have it
break through where it had been welded previously. The previous weld
was a very rough one and the casting is quite badly blown out where
it had been repaired earlier and was really only just holding on. The
cap needed is the off-side or on the opposite side to the governor.
Anyone have one available in their parts store or on a wreck that
they are willing to part with? Any help greatly appreciated. Luke
Franks, Kurrajong New South Wales, Australia (0414)966 065