[SEL] Starting Stover - Need Help

rdhaskell at juno.com rdhaskell at juno.com
Mon Apr 30 20:06:11 PDT 2007

 Hi Rex.
The generic timing for flywheel engines is:  exhaust valve should start
to open 35-45° before bottom dead center, and close 5° after top dead
center.  Spark should occur 5-7° before top dead center for each 100
revolutions per minute.  With the greater number being used for low
tension ignition and the smaller used for high tension ignition.
Void where prohibited or taxed, your mileage may vary.

Ron Haskell
rdhaskell at juno.com
Riverside, California
USA