[SEL] Steam Shovel on the history ch

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 29 12:59:44 PDT 2007

Frank,
  What you watched was a repeat.
  Check out
  http://www.themountainear.com/story6.shtml

  And read this

  The moving of the steam shovel will be aired this Tuesday, May 16th, at 9 p.m. on the History Channel. But locals who want to see the show on a big screen and hobnob with the major players can see it at the premiere showing at Gilpin County High School this Saturday, May 13, from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.

  That Tuesday, May 16 was in 2006.

  At
  http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=77445

  I saw a lot of nice Mega Movers DVDs for sale, but I didn't find that move available.
  Bummer,
  Lurker
  Alan Bowen
  Williamsburg, Michigan U.S. of A.

  Frank DeWitt <Frank at lbpinc.com> wrote:
  Just caught a History Channel Mega movers on the saving and moving of
a 1923 Bucyrus B50 Steem shovel. Good show. I hope they repeat it.
Here is a little info from the web.
http://www.themountainear.com/story19.shtml
http://dmtop.blogspot.com/2006_02_01_archive.html
http://www.themountainear.com/story6.shtml

Does anyone have any more info on it? How does it compare to the
Bucyus-Erie 50-B steam shovel at Rollag? They look like the same machine.

Frank

Frank DeWitt

Light plant WEB page
http://www.oldengine.org/members/frank