[SEL] Shearing plant questions/answers please

Jim Bethell bethell1 at iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 26 23:35:47 PDT 2007

Peter,
RA Lister manual states handpiece, 3300 RPM, Grinder, 2600 RPM> All
different makers plant should run at the same speed as handpieces are
interchangable, even today.
The common practice is to place your handpiece on its side on the ground
when attached to the downtube, the short tube should be at a slight angle
when handpiece attached ( up to approx 120 deg).
regards
Jim