[SEL] 1920 Economy E 1.5 hp

Craig Buzzell craigb2 at aol.com
Mon Apr 23 07:41:48 PDT 2007

Hello list; I just acquired a Hercules Economy 1.5 hp serial # 238958
at the Tulare California show this last weekend. According to my Glen
Karch book on Hercules, it would be dated 1921. It  has the Webster
mag ignitor set up and the oiler is located behind the hopper. The
remaining paint is scarce but seemed like dark red. Would it have had
the Economy bow tie decal? I have not worked with low tension
ignition systems so would appreciate any tips and info on this engine.
Thanks much
Craig Buzzell
Br 27 EDGE&TA
Goleta CA