[SEL] test...now 33...OT

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Tue Apr 17 14:08:57 PDT 2007

In a message dated 4/17/2007 9:23:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
edurand at mchsi.com writes:

I do believe someone should be required to pass a background check before
(legally) buying a handgun as is the case in most states.  Also, if you want to le
gally carry concealed, you have to go through a course in shooting safety and
prove that you can hit the side of a barn before you can get a permit.

I live in Virginia about 2 hours for the shooting.  Yes, Virginia is lax with
gun laws compared to New York or Washington, DC. To clarify some statements
by others: Virginia Tech college does not allow guns on the campus period! You
cannot buy any handgun in Virginia, no matter what caliber, at show or
business without a background check thru the police, which are set up at the gun
shows.  Businesses must call in before selling.  To carry a concealed weapon, you
must first pass a gun safety/handling/shooting course, then submit form to the
County Circuit Clerks office to approve,  County police chief to approve, and
the county district attorneys office to approve.  All of these offices do a
background check on you before approving.  It used to be that you had to appear
before judge and justify why you wanted the concealed weapon.  That was
dropped a few years ago.

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va.
Germoamer at aol.com