[SEL] Pick up in Cheshire England.

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Thu Apr 12 20:12:15 PDT 2007

Hi Frank,

>Thank you.  I ma checking now to see just where this place is.  The next
>step is to see if i am the high bedder, and then to figure out how to get
>it over here.

The postal service would be the best way. However, using it would mean that
you are using a government agency. Better think about that a LONG time
before you decide! (UPS is probably a better solution for you--but it will
cost you about 9 times as much!)

>For the rest of you patient soles out there, I am looking at a Synchronome
>Master clock movement.  Old iron, but lighter weight old iron ;-)   They
>were used to run the clocks in school rooms

Were these government schools? If so you had better think twice about this
purchase!

>  and railroad stations etc.

Were the RR's private in the UK when this clock was used? If not see the above!

>   In the US master clocks were made by IBM, Stromberg and others, but the
> Synchronome is quite unique.
>
>Any one on this side of the pond have one they want to dell?  ;-)  To my
>knowlege, they were never sold in the US.
>
>Frank DeWitt

Good luck with your purchase!
         Dave
PS, Tell Dave Croft, when he contacts you off list, that NOTHING in the UK
is big!