[SEL] bead blasting valve stems

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Sat Apr 7 17:02:22 PDT 2007

Bill, I would just light emery polish the stems or use a wire wheel on your
grinder, good as anything.

Some people are hell bent on bead blasting everything, in some cases
destroying the original object.
I really hate it when you go to a swap meet and the seller has bead blasted
everything to make it look clean. I collect Stanley planes and some sellers
bead blast the whole plane rendering it of NO value to me or any other
collector.

Polish the stems, grind the valve faces and seats and put it back together.

My $0.02 worth
Peter, Oz