[SEL] OT...DVD,playable in the US

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Thu Apr 5 11:50:21 PDT 2007

G'day Peter,

The most probable source of trouble is the stupid DVD region code.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

A large number of DVD players ignore the code, but an equally large number
observe it and won't play an "out of region" DVD.

There are a lot of web sites that provide instructions on how to use your
DVD player remote control to "re-program" (i.e. hack) your player to
either ignore the codes or accept a specific code.  Naturally, there's a
high probablity of totally stuffing your player.

I've had really good success playing out of region DVDs on my computer.  I
think the DVD player software tends to be much more "region code
friendly" than the DVD players themselves.

Good luck!!

See ya,  Arnie