Large file distribution: was Re: [SEL] Steam Ploughing - Again!

Rupert Wenig rwenig at telus.net
Tue Sep 26 15:08:47 PDT 2006

Hello Dolly,
	Another list had the same problem distributing a large file a few years
ago. How they did it was for the author to send master copies to a
volunteer in each region. The responsibility of the recipient in each
region was to advertise the fact that they were making copies and send
them to who ever wanted a copy in the region. Distribution worked quite
well but it did take awhile for everyone to get a copy of the disk.

	Reimbursement was voluntary for costs. I don't recall how well the
reimbursing went as I did much of the swapping by the barter system ( I
sent a disk to you, you sent a disk on another subject back or to
someone else). I was one of the volunteers. And, I offer my services
again if it helps out. A policy has to be set up though so everyone
knows what is going one.

Rupert