[SEL] Sydney Rally

Patrick M Livingstone pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Sep 21 05:16:10 PDT 2006

I finally have a couple of minutes spare so a report on last weekend is in
order :)
Our club had its annual rally last weekend and the feature was IHC. There
was a good line up of IHC engines, tractors, trucks and implements. The
weather was perfect (unusual for this rally).
A few list members were present, Brad even brought his big 10hp M out of
hiding and made the long trip down. Of course, as the feature was IHC I
exhibited my Stover, Brock had his White and Gilson, Michael had a Witte &
Cam had his Austral. The rest of the list members did manage to have IHC
engines so that made up for us ;)
The mighty YC Stover had its first failure after much running at rallies
since its debut last December. It broke the return spring on the Webster
ignitor. It is of course in a fiddly spot and the engine was very hot so it
was not fun to replace. New spring in place and the engine was running
again. The Webster gets a fairly hard time on the throttle governed engine
as it is continually being tripped unlike on the hit and miss when it gets a
bit of a break when the engine is missing.
It was another fantastic weekend with nice engines and great people. I will
hopefully have some pics up on my site on the weekend. I took over 400
photos so there is a lot to sort through.

Patrick M Livingstone
Leichhardt NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html
http://www.users.bigpond.com/pml/