[SEL] 11 horsepower lamp start Austral oil engine--Info Needed

Patrick M Livingstone pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Tue Sep 12 07:28:07 PDT 2006

Hi Arnie,
	The big tank that hangs below the engine is the water tank. The fuel
tank is between the rails directly under the engine.
The cooling water is circulated by the water pump and is aided in cooling by
passing over slats in the cooling tower. The exhaust passes through the
cooling tower and aids in cooling by forcing a rush of air through the
tower. Makes for a great exhaust note.
The smaller Australs do not have the water pump & cooling tower setup but a
large tank and thermosyphon cooling.

Patrick M Livingstone
Leichhardt NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html