[SEL] V12 GMC electrical question

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Wed Sep 6 05:15:43 PDT 2006

Good points - the bypass is usually handled by the starter solenoid -
giving full "battery voltage" during cranking to increase spark intensity
while the starter is pulling the battery voltage down.

So, perhaps one resister COULD run two coils - I bet the thing wouldn't
run so hot then while running. They DO get hot normally, that's why they
are ceramic and typically mounted "in the clear".

Bill